We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done. - Psalm 78:4

COVID-19 and Summer 2020

For all with interest in the Lord’s ministry at Northland Bible Camp

Update 2020 May 12, 2020

Prayerfully, the Board has reviewed our 2020 camp operations in light of our current COVID-19 challenge. As we move forward with our trust firmly placed in God, as we seek to serve Him, asking for His strength to carry out His will by His promised wisdom, we regret that barring any unforeseen change in our circumstances, summer 2020 camp sessions cannot move forward as planned for the following reasons.

It is not possible with the nature of this virus to design entry of the camp with safeguards to be COVID-19 free.

It is very unlikely that there will be any change to the COVID-19 spread prevention of physical distancing requirements of at least 2 meters in each direction or other mandatory sanitation requirements before the end of this summer.

It is not reasonably and responsibly possible to ensure that Camp can redesign its sanitation, sleeping, recreation/chapel programs, and kitchen/dining layout and practices to operate under those prevention requirements and guidelines.

The 2 nearest hospitals would not be able to handle the load were a fast spreading contagion to occur.

With much prayer, it was decided that Summer Camp site operations are suspended for this season, subject to any new information that comes to light that could allow us to conduct some redesigned camps later in the season.

Our desire is to clearly communicate to all of our supporting churches, our staff, our financial partners, and those who were choosing NBC as part of their plans this summer.

We are making significant adjustments to minimize or mitigate the financial impact of our lack of revenue from registrations. We also recognize that many individuals and churches will also be impacted financially by the economic effect of this pandemic, and we will proceed with capital work as the Lord guides. Thankfully, we ended last year in the black, and we look forward to the Lord’s ongoing provisions to be able to gear up for next summer!

This is an outline of our plans going forward:

Camp startup work

The May long weekend work party remains cancelled.

Summer Operations

June and July camp sessions are cancelled. If new information that would change the key premises above, we have decided that the latest date for possible August structuring of camps would be July 1st, 2020.
Irrespective of the summer camp sessions cessation, essential security, required maintenance, and inspections will be performed.

Replacement of the Cougar Cave cabin, started in the Fall of 2019, will be completed. Consideration for which cabin should be replaced next will be decided in August.

We all may currently be overwhelmed by the unprecedented situation we find ourselves in as our families, our workplaces, and our churches are trying to adapt to this ever-changing environment, but we need your help. First and foremost, we need your prayers! God is on the throne and He is in control. We need to humbly approach the throne of grace for wisdom in this time of great need. We also pray that God will do His good work in the hearts of mankind during this time of fear and uncertainty and draw people to Himself. We can ask God to heal our land and hold back the tide of this pandemic. In light of all of this, we are asking for your partnership with us in prayer and your continued commitment to support us financially while we weather this storm.

Here are some answers we have so far.

I’ve already registered. Will I get a refund?

We will give you one of two options when it comes to refunds:

1) A full refund
2) Convert your registration fee to a tax-receipt donation

If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to reach out to:
[email protected]

Send us a message.